Monday, February 3, 2014

'Make-up' your face - Part 3 - Lip-sticks and Lip-care

This is the third installment of the 'Makeup' your face series. Check out Part 1 and Part 2 for reviews on foundations/primers and eye make-up products.

Well, today it's all about lipcare, lipcolors/lipsticks and lipgloss. I am not much experimental when it comes to lipstick shades. Maroons, dark reds, dark pinks are my go-to colors. I must admit though that, inspired by Snighdha's beauty and makeup related you-tube videos, lately I have started to try out bright pinks and reds. I wasn't sure if the bright colors would suit my Indian skin tone but after giving them a dry-run, they are now one of my favorite lip-colors. The brighter hues instantly add a fresh dose of color to the face; they are a quick and easy way to look fresh without all the layers of makeup.

My lipstick-n-lipcare collection is a fair mix of drug-store brands and high-end brands. The expensive ones are definitely feel more luxurious on the lips and the hues are dark and rich. The drug-store brands are quite competitive when it comes to colors and texture but the best part is that I get to try different colors without stretching my budget.


So, moving on to my lipstick collection, Black cherry (477) from REVLON SUPER LUSTROUS lipsticks range, is my current fave. It's on the darker side of lip-color, but the rich pigment and moisturizing quality of the lipstick is one I vote for.
I absolutely love the hot-pink (Sorbet) color of the REVLON ColorBurst Lip Butter, but I am not a great fan of the texture which is sorta grainy and uneven. It doesn't stay on longer too. I am quite looking forward to trying a different brand in the same color.
The Extreme Spice in the L'Oreal Endless collection, is another favorite of mine, mainly 'cause of the beautiful red color. It's not too bright of a red and not a dark maroon; somewhere in between which goes well with my skin-tone.
The Chambor Maroon-plus (315), that I got during one of my trips to India, is one of my go-to lip-colors, and I am quite in love with the moisturizing balm-like feel of the lipstick.


I am not much into using lip-glosses daily. The ones I have used in the past, were super glossy, and sticky! And to add to my woes, when the wind blows, my hair usually get stuck with them...total mess I tell you! I don't like the shiny-lip look, better go with just plain old lip-balm instead of all the glitter on my lips. 

But, not a long time ago, one of my ex-colleagues gifted me an Estee Lauder Pure Color gloss in Impulsive Coral. I would highly recommend it to anyone who wants a non-glitter lip-gloss for day-time use; it's smooth and non-shiny plus, no sticky business.

The LAKME Aqua shine lip color is something I swear-by! The color is so rich, shiny but not-over-the-top, and luxurious on the lips. I got it a couple of years back, and then again this last time on my trip back home. It is my go-to lipstick for party or night-outs, simply gorgeous I tell you!

I am also trying out the MAC lipglass and the REVLON ColorBurst lip-gloss in Hot Pink (010) color. Both of them are not super glossy and sticky and so are very much to my liking!


For lip care, I use the regular lip chap-stick in the day and Nivea cream, before going to bed, as a moisturizer. More recently, I tried the Clinique chubby stick in strawberry which is more like a lip-stain. It is absolutely a must-have and highly recommended; the soft balm on lips with a hint of color is what I use daily, while grocery shopping, working out, or if I am going out for a quick dinner-and-drinks, etc.

These days I am also giving a go at REVLON ColorStay Ultimate Suede in 085 color; basically it's a bright-red hue. I am not sure yet if I like it, need to give it a couple of more tries. Also, in my try-out list is the LAKME Absolute LipTint in the Wine Punch color. Lakme came out with this line last year as part of the Lakme Fashion Week.

So there was my lipsticks and lip-care in general, do you have any favorites or recommendations? Do share them in the comments below.


Connect With Me

1 comment:

Followmanimatters said...

Nice post on lip sticks. You have really nice collection.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...