Friday, April 12, 2013

Black & White


I am sure life would be pretty boring black and white, but ironically when it comes to dressing up, guess what? It's not! On the contrary, it's the hottest trend of the season! This is my spin on the classic black-and-white aka monochrome look that has been doing rounds in the fashion & style blogging world for quite some time now. Almost all of us own the essentials to sport this trendy look. Like we all know, black skirt/pants and a crisp white shirt are both wardrobe staples where they can be both dressed up for an office-appropriate look and dressed down for a night-out look. 
The best part about this trend is that it gives a perfect op for mixing prints - and that's exactly what I did today. Long-sleeve polka tee and black-n-white wool skirt paired great for the not-so-hot-and-not-so-cool weather we are experiencing right now. A black vest ties it all together. The vest is on the roomy side; and that's where the black belt came to my rescue. I did have this incessant urge to add a pop of color, but I held it back - 'cause well, today's outfit is all about going the 'monochromatic' way! 

Give this style a try with some quick tips below:
  • Of course a simple monochromatic look would be white tee/shirt and black skirt/pants but it I assure you that it will be well worth attempting it's whimsical variation of black tee and white skirt/pants. 
  • Ideal trend would be to go all out mixing prints - polkas with stripes, stripes with florals, stripes with stripes (horizontal and vertical), chevron/zigzag print with polka dots, 'houndstooth' print with stripes. 
  • Keep jewelry coordinated with the outfit. If you have black on top, go with white jewelry; if you have white on top go with black necklace and earrings. 
  • Be creative with your accessories. Bags with black and white print will add the extra touch to a simple  white tee and black skirt/pants outfit. Similar with shoes. 
Have fun with this trend while it lasts :)

P.S.: Incidentally, I had a similar styling experience the last time I wore this trend

Ann Taylor wool tweed skirt (similar/similar) | Ann Taylor Loft polka-dot tee (similar) | NY& Co. vest (similar) | 
Bandolino peep-toe pumps @ DSW | Shopper's stop pearl jewelry set (Gift from hubs) |



14 comments:

In the Blue said...

Ahhh you look gorgeous! I love this look, its so creative! It takes the black/white trend up a notch, I really like how creative you got with this look! Have a great weekend xx

Katy Mage said...

Amazing shirt@

See you around... DARE 2 WEAR

Anupriya DG said...

You're wearing the monochrome trend so well, my girl!!! LOVE your skirt! <3

And now that I've seen most of you try this trend on the blogs, I think I should try it out too!!!

StylishByNature said...

Loving your today's post. Absolutely fabulous styling !!


Giveaway- Win beautiful clothing from CiChic !!
❤ StylishByNature.com

devil-wears-gabbana said...

I really love your outfit here,that skirt is stunning! :) x

I am your newest follower on GFC&Bloglovin,hope that you'll do the same,
Have a great weekend,
http://devil-wears-gabbana.blogspot.com/

Aditi SoSaree said...

Fabulous..in love with the skirt.

Aditi
So-Saree
www.sosaree.blogspot.in
New Post Up

Amena @Fashionopolis said...

Love, love, LOVE the look. It is so chic. One of the finest monochrome styling I have seen. Plus I love the Michael Kors bag.
Love,
Amena.
Fashionopolis
Connect On Facebook
Talk On Twitter

Urban Mantra said...

Great styling with the black and white look! I like how you mixed prints and patterns even with a monochromatic theme! You look lovely! :)

Richa
www.urbanmantra.blogspot.com

Wildheart said...

hey thanks for your nice comment on my blog! You asked me if we can follow each ohter, and of course we can!!
I'm following you now, hope u to do the same :)

XXOO
http://wildhearttts.blogspot.com.es/

Anna Brain said...

Oh wow! You look so beautiful! Chic! ^_^

Rupa said...

Love this skirt...

jennysbicycle.blogspot.in

Amy said...

perfect work attire!
Follow Coffee Beans and Bobby Pins on Bloglovin’

YuniKelley Giveaway!

Buttons Apart said...

Loving the monochrome look. You look super chic and sophisticated! Thanks for your lovely comment, would love to stay in touch :)

Sita xx
http://buttonsapart.blogspot.co.uk/

Followmanimatters said...

Black and white combo are always best. Totally in love with this monochrome look. You carry it so well

Manisha
www.followmanimatters.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...