Saturday, June 9, 2012

Plum on Pink

for some time now, I have been experimenting with the colored denims in my closet and coming up with whackiest combinations of outfits. I can attribute the outfit below as one of them - 'Plum on Pink' - n it didnt look as wierd as I thought it to be..well the credit goes to the beautiful kurti and the embroidery work. 
I am all for pairing classic Indian pieces with in vouge trends and this one is great example for it - colored denim on kurti. There are some reasons why this type of outfit will work - 
  • it adds a 'zing' to my outfit (gottaa have a zing ppl!! thats what I am here for..why my blog exists)
  • it represents a part of me, where I belong
  • you definitely stand out from the crowd (uhmmm ya in a place which is not swarming with hard core desis)
  • cotton!!! the most organic fabric in the whole fashion world! comfy and chic at the same time. works best when its either hot sunny or a cool breezy weather 
this was also my first time wearing platform heels - loved the 'au naturel' colored pumps and picked them up for a really good deal from Payless. 
I must say that it felt 'different' walking in them for the first time - kinda top of the world feeling!! oh ya it made everyone arnd me feel like dwarfs :D
it took some practice to get used to the heel size but it was worth it. 
So people, its official!! heels add the 'oomph' to any outfit ( i mean any any outfit)
Kurti/Top - picked on a trip to Jaipur, India
PINK denims - NY&Co.
cuff - F21
earrings - accessorize boutique in Amsterdam-Schipol airport (oh ya baby! when in transit, do some retail therapy, haha!)
heels - Payless






do you think plum on pink works? do you add Indian pieces to your outfit?

have a great weekend, 
Ashwini

P.S.: linking this outfit for the Mono-chromatic theme at EveryBodyEveryWear.

Monochromatic | Everybody, Everywear

6 comments:

Madhu4u said...

ethnic huh!!

ashy said...

hehe, yes ekdum ethnic :)

Chioma said...

this is so cute :)

Chioma
C’s Evolution of Style

Mary Lindsey said...

I think the color combination is actually quite nice. :) And I love those nude heels!

-Mary @ stylethatmoves.blogspot.com

A Fine Balance said...

I completely agree with you! i try to wear a few classic indian pieces and then add a "western" twist" I love this Kutri

ashy said...

thank u ladies :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...